January 28, 2020- The Aggie Health and Wellness Center is closely monitoring the 2019 novel coronavirus. Guidelines have been put in place by the New Mexico Department of Health and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). Please click on the links below for the most current information. Symptoms are similar to the flu virus (fever, cough, sore throat, runny nose, and headache) and can cause lower respiratory tract illnesses such as pneumonia or bronchitis. The health center will refer patients to the Department of Health for further testing if criteria is met (symptoms with recent travel from Wuhan, China or recent contact with a confirmed case).
Protect yourself and others by:
• Washing your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds
• Avoid touching your eyes, nose, mouth with unwashed hands
• Avoid close contact with people who are sick
• If you have mild cold-like symptoms, stay home while you are ill, avoid close contact with others, cover your mouth and nose when you cough/sneeze and throw tissues in the trash, wash your hands frequently and clean/disinfect objects and surfaces
• If you are concerned about your symptoms, contact your health care provider
Visit New Mexico Dept. of Health
The Aggie Health and Wellness Center (AHWC) provides integrated comprehensive medical, psychological and recreational activity services to the students of New Mexico State University.
The AHWC is a nationally accredited out-patient ambulatory facility offering services in:
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Health education, outreach and programming
- Immunizations (travel and preventative)
- Medical clearance for NMSU research, education and employment purposes
- Medical illness and prevention
- Mental health and counseling
- Treatment and case management of workers compensation injuries
- Reproductive Health/Sexual Health
- Women’s health
The main entrance is located on the northeast corner of the building, at the corner of McFie and Breland Drive, across the street from Zuhl Library. Physical address is 3080 Breland Dr.
Mission of NMSU Health and Wellness
We aspire to be the foremost integrated comprehensive college health and recreation centers by providing holistic medical, educational, psychological and recreational services for all students of NMSU.
The Aggie Health and Wellness Center is accredited by the Accreditation Association for Ambulatory Health Care, Inc. and the International Association of Counseling Services, Inc.