The Aggie Health and Wellness Center provides sexual health services, offered by physicians and nurse practitioners certified in women’s or family healthcare. Appointments are required for routine exams.
- Routine annual health exams including:
- Birth control (contraception) and management
- Clinical breast exam and breast self-exam instruction
- Pap smear to screen for cervical cancer as appropriate
- Pelvic exam
- Sexually transmitted disease(STD) screening as appropriate and upon request
- Care for menstrual concerns (cramps, irregular bleeding, PMS, other related problems)
- Contraception advice and prescriptions
- Evaluation and treatment for other common women’s health issues such as: vaginal infections, urinary tract infection, emergency contraception
- HIV testing
- IUD removal and diaphragm fitting
- Pregnancy testing and referral
- Sexually transmitted disease (STD) testing and treatment
The student health fee does not cover ancillary charges for services such as X-ray, Pharmacy, Laboratory and Procedures. These charges are assessed when you check out from the facility. If you have questions about your diagnostic test and procedure or charges, please consult with your medical provider or nursing staff member.
When calling for an appointment, please be specific about your needs so we may schedule you with the most appropriate healthcare provider. For more information call 575-646-1512.