Protecting the health and well-being of our students is top priority at NMSU. Although NMSU does not require immunizations upon enrollment, some immunizations are required once students are accepted into certain programs such as nursing school and allied health programs. It is highly recommended all students receive routine vaccinations to prevent potentially serious and contagious diseases before starting college especially if you plan on living on-campus. All students should have a copy of their shot record and insurance card with them when they come to NMSU.
Notice: All incoming students should be current on the following vaccines prior to starting classes
|Vaccinations||Dosage and Screening Information per CDC Guidelines|
|Mumps, Measles, and Rubella (MMR)||Two doses; OR positive titer (laboratory evidence of immunity)|
|Varicella (Chickenpox)||Two doses; OR positive titer (laboratory evidence of immunity)|
|Tetanus, Diptheria and Pertussis (Tdap)||As an adult – one does Tdap, then Td booster every 10 years|
|Meningococcal ACWY and/or MenB||One or two doses, booster every 5 years if at risk for ACWY; Two or three doses depending on vaccine for MenB|
|Nursing and Health Programs||Hepatitis B in addition to the above vaccines (two to four doses depending on vaccine or positive titer) and annual flu shot|
*All students should obtain their childhood shot records from their parents, primary care provider, public schools or the New Mexico State Immunization Information System (NMSIIS) for verification of the above immunizations.
Immunizations are by appointment only. Call 575-646-6427 to make an appointment. Persons late for appointments may require rescheduling. Office visit fees apply for immunization visits.
International Travel Preparation
Aggie Health and Wellness Center staff are educated in vaccine preventable diseases and travel immunizations and medications. We can assist NMSU faculty, NMSU employees, NMSU students, and area residents in planning their travel needs.
Are you aware of the following?
- Depending on destination, certain vaccinations/immunizations prior to travel may be needed
- Some vaccinations require a series of shots over a period of weeks or months prior to travel
- Requirements and/or restrictions may apply to travel immunizations for children of certain ages
- Requirements and/or restrictions may apply for travelers aged 60 or older
- Requirements and/or restrictions may apply for travelers with significant health problems
We recommend contacting us six (6) weeks prior to travel departure date to begin the evaluation and immunizations.
Payment is due at time of services. Call 575-646-1512 for vaccine and office visit pricing.
- Hepatitis A
- Hepatitis B
- HPV (Gardasil)
- Influenza (seasonal)
- Malaria Prophylaxis
- MMR (Measles, Mumps, Rubella)
- Penumoccoccal (Pneumonia)
- Rabies (pre-exposure)
- Varicella (Chicken Pox)
- Yellow Fever – Out of Stock. See https://wwwnc.cdc.gov/travel/page/search-for-stamaril-clinics for availability.
- Zostavax (Shingles)